THURSDAY: Scattered showers and thunderstorms, potentially turning severe by late afternoon. Warm and muggy. High: 81. Winds: South 10-15 mph.
THURSDAY NIGHT: Strong to severe thunderstorms into the early evening. Additional ...
What's Open and Closed for Veterans Day?
Many places will be closed Monday, November 12 in observance of the Veterans Day holiday. Here's a rundown:
- Most public libraries, including Springfield, Jacksonville, Taylorville, and Decatur, are closed.
- All post offices are closed, and there is no regular mail delivery.
- Most public schools, including those in the Springfield and Ball-Chatham school districts, are closed.
- Many private schools, including Sacred Heart-Griffin and St. Teresa, are open.
- Most county offices are closed.
- All state offices, including the Department of Motor Vehicles, are closed.
- Some municipal offices, including Decatur's, are closed.
- The Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum is open, but the presidential library is closed.
- All federal offices are closed.
- University of Illinois - Springfield and Lincoln Land Community College are open and classes are in session.