MONDAY NIGHT: Clearing skies, brisk winds and colder. Low: 38. Winds: Northwest 10-20 mph, gusting to 30 mph.
TUESDAY: Mostly sunny and windy. High: 66. Winds: West 15-25 mph, gusting up to 40 mph.
Pay it Forward Rules
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be a U.S. resident who is 18 years of age or older and reside in the WICS-TV viewing. Nominees must be individuals or families 18 years or older residing in the WICS-TV viewing area. Entrants cannot nominate themselves, immediate family members, any person living with entrant, or any organization. Families are defined as one or more parent or legal guardian with one or more child residing in the same household. Nominees must not have received a prize from the Station within the past thirty (30) days.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Television of Illinois, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WICS-TV (the “Stations”), WICD, WBUI, WCCU, WRSP, Davis Financial Group, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
How to Enter
1. No purchase is necessary to enter. One entry per IP address. More than one nomination may be received per nominee from different entrants.
2.Log on to www.wics.com to complete the online entry form with your name, address, phone, age, along with the nominee’s name, address, phone, age, and briefly describe the nominee’s story of need and why he/she should be recognized No mechanically produced or completed entries will be accepted. By entering, entrants acknowledge that the nominee, and not the entrant, is eligible to win a prize.
3. The contest starts on January 5, 2015 and ends at 11:59 p.m. CST on June 26, 2015 (the “Contest Period”). Entries/nominations must be received by Station by12:00 a.m. CT on the last Thursday of each month during Contest Period to qualify for the monthly judging. The Station is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected entries, server unavailability, computer, or any other electronic malfunction.
4. All entries/nominations will be judged by a panel of three (3) judges comprised of Station and sponsor personnel based on need (34%), impact (33%), and newsworthiness (33%). On the last Thursday of each month during the Contest Period, one (1) winnerwill be determined by the judge(s) in their sole and absolute discretion based on the criteria set forth above, for a total of six (6) winners. Remaining valid entries will carry over to the next monthly judging. The decisions of the judge(s) shall be final. The Station reserves the right to reduce the total number of winners if it determines that sufficient entries have not been received.
5.The entrant must appear on a segment which may air on the Station to explain his/her nomination and reasons. As a condition of winning, the winning nominee must be willing to be featured in the segment which will air on the Station and be archived on www.wics.com during the Contest Period beginning January 5th, 2015.
6. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and the Stations and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. The six (6) winners will each receive five hundred dollars ($500) in cash and will be featured during a segment which may air on the Station. The value of such on-air appearance cannot be determined. The Stations reserve the right to not air any “Pay It Forward” segment.
2. The winners will be notified by phone. Before claiming prize, winner must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to the Station at the time of notification. Winners must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received by Stations on the same day of notification. Winners must show picture identification to claim prizes. Stations reserve the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a winner cannot be notified within one (1) day, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner with the next highest score, as determined by the judges in their sole and absolute discretion.
4.There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Stations. The Stations have the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. Eachwinner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Each winner must sign a W-9 form.
6.Contestants are eligible to win only one prize within any thirty (30) day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
7.Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and Sinclair Television of Illinois, LLC are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8.Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and Sinclair Television of Illinois, LLC are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television of Illinois, LLC have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
1. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WICS-TV, 2680 East Cook Street, Springfield, IL 62704 and on the Station’s website at www.wics.com
2. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Television of Illinois, LLC, and Davis Financial Group accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
3. Stations cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
4.Stations reserve the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.
5. By entering this contest, each entrant waives any and all claims of liability against the Stations, any sponsors, and their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, for any and all claims, loss, damage or injury which may occur as a result of entrant’s participation in this contest.
TrafficGet up to the minute traffic reports from WICS NewsChannel 20!
Health MattersFeaturing news segment videos about health.
In The KitchenWatch the area's best chefs whip up their tastiest creations. See them in action and get their recipes to try at home.
Behind The HeadlinesGet Behind the Headlines commentary with Mark Hyman.
Ready, Set, ShredIn an exclusive eight-week investigation, ABC Newschannel 20 digs deep into the Springfield police document shredding scandal.
Pay it ForwardPay It Forward... because sometimes people need a little extra help.
Ask the ExpertDo you need expert advice? Here's your chance to ask our experts!
Your Voice. Your Future.As the country faces challenges from federal budget issues to jobs and national debt, your voice is critical to the future.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us! Check out all the great attractions in your area!
Pump PatrolCheck out the ABC Newschannel 20's Pump Patrol to find the lowest prices, report low prices and get gas saving tips.
Spotlight 20Local organizations and community leaders tell us about events in central Illinois.
Raw NewsWatch extra news footage, full interviews, and extended stories that didn't make it on air. "Raw News" may include content that is not suitable for children and is intended for mature audiences only.
On the FarmWhether it's topical segments on what's happening on local farms to commodity prices, we have the world of central Illinois agriculture covered.
Home RoomWhen's the next school board meeting? Where's the basketball game? What's for lunch today? Do we have a snow day tomorrow? We have all the information you need for a successful school year--no pencil or ...
No Text ZoneTexting while driving kills thousands of people each year. Many more are seriously injured. Keep central Illinois roads safe by taking the "No Text Zone" pledge.
Business NewsStay up-to-date on the biggest business stories from around the nation.
Pet of the WeekThe cutest video you'll see anywhere! You won't be able to resist these adorable friends who need someone to love them.
Waste WatchHow are your tax dollars being spent? Waste Watch tracks whether local, state and federal governments are using your money wisely...or wasting it.
Washington TimesPolitics, Breaking News, US and World News.
Health Care ReformThe Supreme Court ruling to uphold the Affordable Care Act sparked a new battle. Check here daily for the latest developments, locally and across the country.
Tonight on WICS
9:00 - Castle
10:00 - NewsChannel 20 at 10