FRIDAY: Partly sunny. High: 33. Winds: Light Northeast.
FRIDAY NIGHT: Mostly cloudy. Low: 27. Winds: Light East.
SATURDAY: Mostly cloudy. High: 38. Winds: Light South.
Storm Team 20 Meteorologist
For even more recipes, View Our Recipe Archives
Mushroom and Onion Quinoa Stuffing
Made by Melanie Pavlovic.
Prep Time: 8 minute
Total Cook Time: 20 minutes
Number of Servings: 6 – 1 cup servings
1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed well ·
1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable broth ·
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small white onion, diced
3/4 cup green onion, diced
1/2 cup celery, diced
1/2 cup carrots, diced
8 oz sliced fresh baby portabella mushrooms
1 tablespoon minced garlic
Salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
1. Cook the rinsed quinoa in broth according to the package directions.
2. Meanwhile, in a large sauté pan add the olive oil, white onion, garlic, and green onion and sauté approximately one minute on medium heat.
3. Add the diced celery and carrots, salt (optional) and black pepper to taste and cook about 12-15 minutes over medium heat, until vegetables are tender.
4. Add the mushrooms to the pan along with more black pepper if desired and cook for another 5 minutes while stirring and then cover for another 2 minutes, just until the mushrooms shrink and are cooked through.
5. Add the cooked quinoa to the pan and mix until evenly distributed. Enjoy
You can use any Mrs. Dash (salt-free) seasonings you like in the place of salt such as onion and garlic, or tomato basil for added flavor!
Add a little freshly grated parmesan cheese to the top of the stuffing while it’s still hot
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Total Carbohydrates: 25gm
Total Fat: 4.3g