WEDNESDAY NIGHT: Mostly cloudy with spotty showers possible after Midnight. Low: 37. Winds: South 15-20 mph, gusting to 30 mph.
THURSDAY: Early morning isolated showers possible. Cloudy and blustery ...more »
For even more recipes, View Our Recipe Archives
Mushroom and Onion Quinoa Stuffing
Made by Melanie Pavlovic.
Prep Time: 8 minute
Total Cook Time: 20 minutes
Number of Servings: 6 – 1 cup servings
1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed well ·
1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable broth ·
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small white onion, diced
3/4 cup green onion, diced
1/2 cup celery, diced
1/2 cup carrots, diced
8 oz sliced fresh baby portabella mushrooms
1 tablespoon minced garlic
Salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
1. Cook the rinsed quinoa in broth according to the package directions.
2. Meanwhile, in a large sauté pan add the olive oil, white onion, garlic, and green onion and sauté approximately one minute on medium heat.
3. Add the diced celery and carrots, salt (optional) and black pepper to taste and cook about 12-15 minutes over medium heat, until vegetables are tender.
4. Add the mushrooms to the pan along with more black pepper if desired and cook for another 5 minutes while stirring and then cover for another 2 minutes, just until the mushrooms shrink and are cooked through.
5. Add the cooked quinoa to the pan and mix until evenly distributed. Enjoy
You can use any Mrs. Dash (salt-free) seasonings you like in the place of salt such as onion and garlic, or tomato basil for added flavor!
Add a little freshly grated parmesan cheese to the top of the stuffing while it’s still hot
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Total Carbohydrates: 25gm
Total Fat: 4.3g
Tonight on WICS
Mike and Frankie search for second jobs in order to send Sue to a good college.
Prince Charles and Lady Di's impending nuptials inspire Beverly to plan a vow renewal.
Phil and Claire panic when an obnoxious couple looks at the house for sale next door.
Dre tries to help Andre Jr. expand his social circle; Rainbow tries to inspire Diane.
Dre encourages the family to have each other's backs; Zoey and Andre Jr. must baby-sit the twins.
Cameron wants to maintain his team's winning streak but fears Mitchell is a jinx.
Newschannel 20 at 10
Jimmy Kimmel Live!
Celebrity guests and comedy skits.