WEDNESDAY NIGHT: Mostly cloudy with spotty showers possible after Midnight. Low: 37. Winds: South 15-20 mph, gusting to 30 mph.
THURSDAY: Early morning isolated showers possible. Cloudy and blustery ...more »
For even more recipes, View Our Recipe Archives
Cinnamon Roll French Toast
Made by: MCL Restaurant & Bakery Executive Chef Ian Kille
1/2 cup milk or cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 leftover cinnamon rolls (you can also use cinnamon raisin bread)
1 tablespoon butter
Maple Glazed Granny Smith Apples:
2 Granny Smith Apples
2 Tablespoons butter
1 cup real maple syrup
- Whisk eggs, cream and vanilla together and pour into a flat bottomed container like a Pyrex dish or pie pan. Set aside.
- Slice the cinnamon rolls in 2 or 3 pieces so they are 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick (slice side to side not top to bottom).
- Melt butter in a skillet on medium high heat.
- As the butter melts, soak the sliced cinnamon rolls in the egg mixture (be sure both sides get coated thoroughly).
- Once the butter has melted and the pan is hot, drain the soaking cinnamon roll slices and place them in the pan.
- Cook for about a minute on each side.
- Top with Maple Glazed Granny Smith Apples.
Maple Glazed Granny Smith Apples
- Peel, core and slice the Granny Smith Apples into 1/4 inch thick slices. Store in just enough water to cover and a tablespoon of lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Melt the butter in a skillet or frying pan.
- Drain the apple slices and place into the melted butter.
- Let the apples cook for a minute or two.
- Pour in the maple syrup and bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes or until the apples are tender.
- Pour hot mixture over Cinnamon Roll French Toast before serving.
This recipe aired 10/23/12.
Tonight on WICS
Mike and Frankie search for second jobs in order to send Sue to a good college.
Prince Charles and Lady Di's impending nuptials inspire Beverly to plan a vow renewal.
Phil and Claire panic when an obnoxious couple looks at the house for sale next door.
Dre tries to help Andre Jr. expand his social circle; Rainbow tries to inspire Diane.
Dre encourages the family to have each other's backs; Zoey and Andre Jr. must baby-sit the twins.
Cameron wants to maintain his team's winning streak but fears Mitchell is a jinx.
Newschannel 20 at 10
Jimmy Kimmel Live!
Celebrity guests and comedy skits.