FRIDAY: Patchy dense fog in the morning with gradually clearing skies and warmer temperatures in the afternoon. High: 70. Winds: Southwest 5-10 mph.
FRIDAY NIGHT: Mainly clear and mild. Low: 56. Winds: Southwest 5-10 mph.
For even more recipes, View Our Recipe Archives
Easy Rainbow Minestrone Soup
Made by: Melanie Pavolic, Registered Dietitian, County Market
1 Cup whole-wheat pasta (uncooked)
20oz of frozen mixed vegetables (such as corn, carrots & peas blend)
4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
1-15.5oz can of kidney beans (rinsed, drained)
1-14.5oz can of diced tomatoes (such as Italian style)
2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
1 Teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 Teaspoon of black pepper (or to taste)
1. Cook whole wheat pasta in boiling water as directed on package (approximately 8-10 minutes, or until al dente).
2. Then drain the pasta and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, place the frozen vegetables and the low-sodium vegetable broth in a large pot and cook for approximately 15 minutes or until veggies become tender.
4. Add the canned kidney beans (rinsed, drained) and canned diced tomatoes to the pot of veggies & broth.
5. Add the cooked whole wheat pasta, fresh parsley, black pepper (to taste), and Italian seasoning to the pot and cook until heated all the way through. Enjoy!
Tonight on WICS
Last Man Standing Chuck and Mike debate the merits of an inner city school merging one in an upscale neighborhood.
Cristela Tensions flare when Daniela's friend mistakes Cristela for the nanny.
Shark Tank Sampling oils at an olive oil bar; unique wedding registry idea; wine geared toward millennials.
20/20 Investigative reporting.
Newschannel 20 at 10