SATURDAY NIGHT: Mostly clear and a bit cooler. Low: 47. Winds: Light Northeast.
SUNDAY: Sunny and pleasantly mild. High: 73. Winds: Southeast 5-10 mph.
SUNDAY NIGHT: Mostly clear and warm. Low: 62. Winds: South ...
For even more recipes, View Our Recipe Archives
Low fat Broccoli Cheese Soup
Made by: Hope Danielson, Health & Wellness Director-County Market
• 1 Bag of Birds Eye Steamfresh Frozen Broccoli Florets
• 2 cans of 98% fat free cream of celery soup
• 1 can of 98% fat free cream of chicken soup
• 1-2 cups of nonfat milk (add to desired thickness)
• 8 oz. of reduced fat cheddar (mild, medium, sharp, whichever you prefer)
• 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
• 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
• Garlic croutons (optional)
1. Microwave broccoli according to package directions.
2. In large saucepan, mix all 3 cans of soup with desired amount of milk. Add cheese, garlic powder and red pepper flakes. Cook on medium low, stirring often.
3. Add cooked broccoli to saucepan; mash broccoli with potato masher or blend with handheld immersion blender.
4. Continue cooking until cheese is melted.
5. Serve with garlic croutons.
This recipe aired March 18, 2013.
Tonight on WICS
Grantland Basketball Hour
College Football Countdown
John Saunders hosts this college football pregame, halftime and postgame show.
College Football Postgame
The Nittany Lions (4-2) look to end a two-game skid when they face the No. 13 Buckeyes in a Big Ten encounter.
Newschannel 20 at 10