TUESDAY NIGHT: Mostly clear. Low: 37. Winds: Light Northeast.
WEDNESDAY: Sunny. High: 61. Winds: Light East.
WEDNESDAY NIGHT: Mostly clear. Low: 41. Winds: Light Southeast.
THURSDAY: Morning sun ...
For even more recipes, View Our Recipe Archives
Cheese Platter with Fruits and Nuts
Made by: Joyce Fikri, St. Louis Dairy Council
1/2 pound Brie
1/2 pound Gouda
1 pound Cheddar
1 pound crackers and thin gingersnaps
1 pound grapes
3/4 pound almonds or walnuts
1/2 pound dried figs
Arrange cheese on platter with fruit and crackers.
Cheese platter tips:
- Choose 3 to 6 different varieties of cheese. Include an assortment of different flavors, textures and colors.
- Allow for 2 oz. of cheese per guest if you`ll be serving dinner. If cheese is the main event, allow 4 oz. per guest.
- Offer complementary accompaniments such as breads, fruits and nuts.
- Serve the cheese at room temperature, removing it from the refrigerator up to two hours prior to guest arrival.
- Present each cheese in a large wedge to display its natural beauty on a large plate, wooden board or piece of marble.
- Make flag markers with toothpicks to label the cheese.
Tonight on WICS
7:30 - Manhattan Love Story
8:00 - Marvel's Agents of Shield
9:00 - Forever
10:00 - ABC Newschannel 20 Nightside