SATURDAY: Patchy fog in the morning. Mostly sunny and warm in the afternoon. High: 75. Winds: Northwest 5-10 mph.
SATURDAY NIGHT: Mostly clear and a bit cooler. Low: 47. Winds: Light Northeast.
SUNDAY: Sunny, ...
For even more recipes, View Our Recipe Archives
Cheese Platter with Fruits and Nuts
Made by: Joyce Fikri, St. Louis Dairy Council
1/2 pound Brie
1/2 pound Gouda
1 pound Cheddar
1 pound crackers and thin gingersnaps
1 pound grapes
3/4 pound almonds or walnuts
1/2 pound dried figs
Arrange cheese on platter with fruit and crackers.
Cheese platter tips:
- Choose 3 to 6 different varieties of cheese. Include an assortment of different flavors, textures and colors.
- Allow for 2 oz. of cheese per guest if you`ll be serving dinner. If cheese is the main event, allow 4 oz. per guest.
- Offer complementary accompaniments such as breads, fruits and nuts.
- Serve the cheese at room temperature, removing it from the refrigerator up to two hours prior to guest arrival.
- Present each cheese in a large wedge to display its natural beauty on a large plate, wooden board or piece of marble.
- Make flag markers with toothpicks to label the cheese.
Tonight on WICS
Grantland Basketball Hour
College Football Countdown
John Saunders hosts this college football pregame, halftime and postgame show.
College Football Postgame
The Nittany Lions (4-2) look to end a two-game skid when they face the No. 13 Buckeyes in a Big Ten encounter.
Newschannel 20 at 10