SATURDAY: Patchy fog in the morning. Mostly sunny and warm in the afternoon. High: 75. Winds: Northwest 5-10 mph.
SATURDAY NIGHT: Mostly clear and a bit cooler. Low: 47. Winds: Light Northeast.
SUNDAY: Sunny, ...
For even more recipes, View Our Recipe Archives
Made by: MCL Restaurant & Bakery Executive Chef Ian Kille
2 cups all purpose flour
1 Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, cold
1 cup buttermilk
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cut cold butter into small pieces and add to the bowl.
- Using a pastry cutter, cut the cold butter into the flour mixture. It should look like coarse cornmeal with some large lumps of butter.
- While stirring with a fork, add the cold buttermilk.
- Once it has formed a ball, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface.
6. Using floured hands, gently press the dough into a circle about 1 inch thick.
- Using a floured biscuit cutter, cut out biscuits by pressing straight up and down.
- Lay biscuits on an ungreased tray and brush with melted butter (if desired).
- Bake in a preheated 425 degree oven for 10-12 minutes until the tops of the biscuits are golden brown.
- Brush with melted butter and serve immediately.
This recipe aired November 13, 2012.
Tonight on WICS
Last Man Standing Chuck and Mike debate the merits of an inner city school merging one in an upscale neighborhood.
Cristela Tensions flare when Daniela's friend mistakes Cristela for the nanny.
Shark Tank Sampling oils at an olive oil bar; unique wedding registry idea; wine geared toward millennials.
20/20 Investigative reporting.
Newschannel 20 at 10