TONIGHT: Rain showers well after midnight. Low: 37. Winds: SW 5-10.
SUNDAY: Rain in the morning, mixing with snow by the afternoon. Less than an inch of accumulation expected. High: 40. Winds: N 15-20. ...more »
For even more recipes, View Our Recipe Archives
Made by: MCL Restaurant & Bakery Executive Chef Ian Kille
2 cups all purpose flour
1 Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, cold
1 cup buttermilk
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cut cold butter into small pieces and add to the bowl.
- Using a pastry cutter, cut the cold butter into the flour mixture. It should look like coarse cornmeal with some large lumps of butter.
- While stirring with a fork, add the cold buttermilk.
- Once it has formed a ball, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface.
6. Using floured hands, gently press the dough into a circle about 1 inch thick.
- Using a floured biscuit cutter, cut out biscuits by pressing straight up and down.
- Lay biscuits on an ungreased tray and brush with melted butter (if desired).
- Bake in a preheated 425 degree oven for 10-12 minutes until the tops of the biscuits are golden brown.
- Brush with melted butter and serve immediately.
This recipe aired November 13, 2012.
Tonight on WICS
America's Funniest Home Videos
A little girl denies eating cake -- despite the evidence on her face.
Isabella wants Galavant to impress her parents; a plot to kill Kingsley doesn't go as planned.
Preacher James and his congregation head to the Langston house to stop the birth of Rachael's baby.
Emily helps Nolan's bride deal with her secrets; Victoria faces a mysterious new socialite.
Newschannel 20 at 10