THURSDAY: Mostly Sunny, Isolated Storms Possible in the Afternoon, SE Wind 5-10 mph, High: 82
THURSDAY NIGHT: Mostly Cloudy, Chance for Isolated Storms, S Wind 5-10 mph, Low: 63
October 1, 2013
1. Additional Funding for the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
2. Under the new law, states will receive two more years of funding to continue coverage for children not eligible for Medicaid.
January 1, 2014
1. The Health Insurance Marketplace is established
2. You must buy coverage or pay a fee to offset costs of caring for uninsured Americans.
3. Medicaid program expands. Federal government to pay 100% of costs for first three years.
4. Tax credits given to people who can't afford care.
5. Ensures coverage for individuals participating in clinical trials
6. Annual limits on insurance coverage eliminated.
7. No discrimination due to pre-existing condition or gender
8. Small business health insurance tax credit increases
Read more at: http://HealthCare.gov
- States Quietly Consider Obamacare Exchange Mergers
- Top Health Lobbyist Calls It Quits At Key Moment For Obamacare
- The Company Running The Obamacare Website Just Quit
- Florida Medicaid Fight Hits Capitol
- 500,000 Americans Spend $50K On Medicine Each Year
- Missed The Mark – US Didn’t See Al Qaeda Boost Coming
- Emergency Room Visits Up, Despite Obamacare
- Almost Half Of Obamacare Exchanges Are Struggling Over Their Future
- Republicans Debate Keeping ObamaCare Subsidies Until 2017
- Obamacare Sharply Divides Americans
- Obamacare Fails To Deliver On Free Birth Control As Some Insurers Charge Fees
- Tax Season Surprises Could Roil Obamacare
- How Many Will Have To Pay Back Obamacare Subsidies?
- Many People Unaware Of Obamacare Penalty
- Eyeing 2016, Republicans Adopt New ObamaCare Strategy
- As Health Law Is Weighed, G.O.P. Plans To Replace It
- Critical Day For Obamacare As High Court Hears New Challenge
- Halt To Obamacare Subsidies Could Come Swiftly
- No Easy Fix If Supreme Court Halts Obamacare Cash
- Treasury Won’t Explain Decision To Make $3 Billion In Obamacare Payments
- Nation’s Leading Tax Preparer Helped Shape Obamacare, Now Set For Gigantic Payday
- What If The Supreme Court Rules Against Obamacare?
- Three Reasons ObamaCare Enrollment Is Up
- Website Glitches Extend Obamacare Enrollment
- States Offer Obamacare Enrollment Extensions After Midnight
- Tax Day Shocker
- Obama Calls For $215 Million For Personalized Medicine
- They Want Those Obamacare Subsidies, No Matter What: Poll
- Here Comes The Next Obamacare Showdown
- Bombshell: IRS Has Active Contract For Millions With Company HHS Fired Over Botched Healthcare.gov
- Obamacare Penalty May Come As Shock At Tax Time
- GOP Tactics On Obamacare Move Away From Full Repeal
- Medicaid Expansion May Contract
- GOP Split On Obamacare Game Plan
- Obamacare Vote To Test Democrats’ Resolve Under Republican Majority
- Obamacare’s 2015 Challenges
- IRS Goes After Nonprofit Hospitals On Asking Customers To Pay Bills
- Regrets On Obamacare? Sebelius Has Very Few
- 'We Simply Cannot Afford It’
- Obamacare Fines Loom For Uninsured
- President Obama Deleted His Website Telling American People They Could Keep Their Plans
- ‘Wyoming’s Doctor’ Targets Obamacare
- Study: Expanding Medicaid Costs Jobs
- Feds: Half Of Medicaid Doctors Listed Aren’t Accepting Patients
- Will Jonathan Gruber Topple Obamacare?
- Will Gruber Kill Obamacare?
- No Sign-Up Surge
- Obamacare Adviser Warned Of Premium Increases As Obama Vowed Savings
- Administration Admits Obamacare Enrollment Numbers Error
- Ticking Time Bomb Obamacare Cost Hikes Are Going To Explode
- Jonathan Gruber Convinced Obama To Create The Individual Mandate
- Obamacare Repeal Is More likely, And Now GOP Needs An Alternative
- Obamacare May Not Have Enough Enrollees To Stay Solvent
- Officials Rush For Backup Plans To HealthCare.gov
- McConnell Pressed To Repeal Obamacare With Budget Move
- Embattled Obamacare Previews 2015 Plans, Prices
- Obamacare Architect: Lack Of Transparency Was Key Because ‘Stupidity Of The American Voter’
- Study: Majority Of Likely Voters Oppose Mandatory Health Coverage
- Obamacare Sends Health Premiums Skyrocketing By As Much As 78 Percent
- Is The Affordable Care Act Working?
- HHS-Funded Study: Obamacare Will Suffer Potentially Fatal Blow If Subsidies Fail
- Many Uninsured Clueless About Obamacare Enrollment
- Study: Older Americans Are Ill-Prepared For Hefty Health-Care Costs
- Doctors, Hospitals Rethinking Electronic Medical Records Mandated BY 2009 Law
- Obamacare Website Costs Exceed $2 Billion, Study Finds
- Obamacare Death Knell States To Cancel Non-Compliant Policies
- Wal-Mart To Expand Health Insurance Role
- Obamacare Will Cancel Over 50,000 More Plans Before November
- Billions In Pharma Cash To Docs, Hospitals
- Obamacare: New Messaging Hurdles Ahead
- Illegals On Obamacare? Feds Set To Bounce 115,000 From Program Who Can’t Prove Citizenship
- After Surgery, $117K Bill From Unknown Doctor
- 7.3M Enrolled In Obamacare Plans
- Obamacare: Game-Changer To Background Noise
- Obamacare Costs Businesses Cutting Jobs Due To Looming Mandate
- GAO: Obamacare Abortion Rules Widely Ignored
- GOP Could Chip Away At Obamacare
- Obamacare Site Hacked
- Cadillac ‘Whack’: Employers Prep For Obamacare Levy
- Obamacare Boosting Health Costs
- DHS Warns Some Could Lose Health-Care Coverage On Federal Exchange
- Rates At Risk? Obamacare Letting Millions Off the Mandate Hook
- Two Red States Had The Sharpest Drops In Uninsured Rate
- Doctors Begin To Refuse Obamacare Patients
- Poll: Negative Views Of O-Care At Highest
- GAO Report Details Flaws Behind $840M 'O-Care Website Rollout’
- Nobody Is Helping’ NC Mayor Walking To DC To Protest Hospital Closing
- The Orthodontist Behind The Next Big Obamacare Legal Fight
- White House Backing Down On Obamacare Contraception Mandate
- White House To Ignore Court Ruling, Keep Handing Out Obamacare Subsidies
- How Obama’s Court Strategy May Save Obamacare
- Verdict Is In: ACA Lowers Uninsured
- Survey: Obamacare Is Working, Unless You’re Black
- Imminent Court Ruling Could Cripple Obamacare
- Obamacare’s Next Threat: A September Surprise
- 85 Percent Of Obamacare ‘Inconsistences Can’t Be Fixed’
- Why Obamacare Will Suck The Life Out Of The Economy
- Obamacare Employees Behind Failed Oregon Exchanges Now Getting Cushy Bonuses
- Obamacare Co-ops Fared Poorly As they Tried To Sell Insurance In Exchanges
- 2M ACA Enrollees Asked For More Info
- Front-Runner To Head VA Predicts Obamacare Will Lead To Single-Payer
- Medicare Advantage Billing Errors Cost Taxpayers Billions
- Hospital Charges Surge For Common Ailments
- VA Hospital Axed Veteran Program While Approving $1 Million In Bonuses
- Poll: Majority Of Americans Say They Have Not Been Impacted By The Affordable Care Act
- 3 Doctors Billed Medicare Millions To Drug Test 145 Seniors
- Seven In 10 People Say Obamacare Had Bad Or Zero Impact On US
- Employers Face $36K Fine For Obamacare Dumping
- Many People Oppose Obamacare Because They’re Racist
- US Subpoenas Oregon Obamacare Website Documents
- ER Visits Jump As Obamacare Kicks In, Doctors say
- Free Preventative Care Can Still Cost
- Lawmakers Urge Probe Of Obamacare Center Paying Workers to ‘Do Nothing’
- Senators Want States To Reimburse Millions Lost To Health Care Website Failures
- Obamacare Contractor Pays Employees To Do Nothing, Whistleblower Says
- Obamacare’s $3 Billion Insurance Windfall
- Obamacare’s Aim Of Enrolling Previously Uninsured A ‘Failure’
- $474M For 4 Failed ACA Exchanges
- GOP Goes Quiet On Obamacare
- Companies May Send Sick, Costly Workers To Obamacare
- One Single Obamacare Tax Could Cost Up To 286,000 Jobs
- One By One States Ditch Health Exchanges
- Survey: 60 Percent Of Health Care Benefits Managers Expect Obamacare To Increase Costs
- Mass. Ditches RomneyCare Exchange
- Obamacare Hispanic Numbers Lower Than Expected
- House Report: Just 2.5 Million Have Paid Obamacare Premium
- Report: O-Care To Save Large Corporations Hundreds Of Billions
- Polls Show PUblic Continues To Sour On Obamacare
- Sebelius Now Refusing To Testify Before Senate Panel
- Exploding Medicaid Applicants Struggle To Enroll
- Obamacare Surge In Enrollment Didn't Raise Public Perception
- Exploding Medicaid Applicants Struggle To Enroll
- Study Questions Obamacare Impact On Canceled Plans
- Most Americans Support Obamacare's Birth Control Coverage
- John Cornyn Calls For Broad Probe Into Obamacare Spending, Fundraising
- Sebelius's Financial Incentive To Draw Out Her Resignation
- GAO Details Sebelius' Enroll America Fundraising Efforts
- Obamacare Spawning 'Medical Homelessness' Crisis
- What's Next For Obamacare?
- Brain Patient: Obamacare Makes It Hard To Find Doctors, Meds
- Changes To US Census Could Cloud Obamacare Impact
- US Healthcare Usage And Spending Resumes Rise In 2013
- Burwell's Top 5 Challenges At HHS
- Sebelius Slams Timeline For Obamacare Rollout
- Survey: Employers Beat Obamacare In Covering Uninsured
- Many Obamacare Critics Accepted Its Subsidies
- Small Number Of Medicare Doctors Get Big Slice Of Payouts
- GOP Lawmakers Believe Over $1 Billion Spent To Promote Obamacare
- Obama Backs Down On Cuts To Medicare
- ACA's Next Obstacle: Confused Users
- Health-Care Start-Ups Bet On Making A Killing Off Obamacare
- Gallup Survey: Number Of Uninsured Drops Slightly Under Obamacare
- More Doctors Taking Flat Fee Instead Of Insurance
- Obama Allies Cast Doubt On Mandate
- Health Insurance Isn't A Year Round Thing Anymore
- Obama's Victory Lap Obscures Signs Of Rising Health Spending
- Obamacare's Negative Side Effects
- Behind The Obamacare Surprise
- Obamacare Exchange Tally: 36K Per Enrollee
- After Enrollment Deadline, Obamcare Fight Begins Anew
- Obamacare Enrollment Period Ends With Massive Surge
- Healthcare.Gov Website Application And Enrollment System Down On Deadline Day
- Obamacare's 4-Year Checkup
- Soaring Costs, Tech Flaws, 'Cooked Books' Plague Obamacare In First Year
- Obamacare In Oregon: A Failed Exchange
- Poll: Obamacare Support Slips To A New Low
- The Obamacare Report Card
- Colorado Obamacare Exchange Private Lawyers Up to $575 An Hour
- Doc Fix Vote Coming Monday
- Insurers Grow Sick Of O-Care
- Administration Will Give Consumers Extra Time To Sign Up For Obamacare
- A Brief History Of Obamacare Delays
- Supreme Court To Weigh Birth Control Mandate
- Waiting For Good O
- Supreme Court To Weigh Religious Rights Of Corporations Vs. Obamacare's 'Contraception Mandate'
- Obamacare May Leave Doctors With Unpaid Bills
- OCARE Premiums To Skyrocket
- Man Who Signed Up For Obamacare Now Owes $407,000 In Medical Bills
- Obama: Enrolling In Obamacare Won't Lead To Deportations
- What Obamacare Could Really Be Costing Women
- Third Of Uninsured Refuse To Buy Obamacare
- With Nod To March Madness, White House Promotes Obamacare Bracket
- 4 Of 5 Companies May Hike Deductibles Due To Obamacare
- How Many Have Paid ACA Premiums
- Obamacare Is Definitely Not As Cheap As Your Cellphone Bill
- Obamacare Mandate Delayed Again -Quietly
- Obamacare 3 Million Shy Of Target - With 19 Days Left To Sign Up
- Special Election In Florida Seen As A Referendum On Obamacare
- First Election Of 2014 Tests Obamacare
- HHS Buys $2.5M Worth Of IT Equipment For Obamacare's Final Enrollment Month
- Calling All Moms: It's Obamacare
- Survey Shows One-Fourth Of Obamacare Sign-Ups Were Uninsured
- GAO To Probe Flawed State Obamacare Exchanges
- White House Announces New O-Care Delay
- Obamacaer Architect: 'You Don't Need A Doctor For Every Part Of Your Healtcare'
- New O-Care Delay To Help Midterm Dems
- Poll: 33 Percent Of Americans Have Been Hurt By Obamacare
- House Subcommittee Chairman: Obama Administration Policy Would Elminate Half Of All Existing Medicare Part D Plans
- Obama Considered Scrapping Obamacare Website, Says Top Aide
- Restaurant Chain Adds Obamacare Surcharge To Customers' Bills
- Poll: Disapproval Of Obamacare Higher Among Seniors
- Troubled State-Run Websites Quietly Given Health Law Fix
- Insurers Become O-Care Foot Soldiers
- Stretch Run For Obamacare
- Prescription Costs To Rise Under New FDA Rule
- Obama Eases Penalties For Businesses Hiring Illegal Immigrants
- HHS Official Found WH 'Disarray' Before Health Law Rollout
- Broken Promise? Rates May Increase For 11M Workers Under Obamacare
- Obamacare Stars Fade
- Obamacare Stats Hard To Nail Down
- Obama's Favorite Hospital Takes Only One Kind Of Obamacare Plan
- Obama Woos Seniors Drops Plan To Trim Social Security Raises
- First Lady: Young People Are 'Knuckleheads' Who Need Obamacare
- Biden: 'We May Not Get 7 Million' By Obamacare Deadline
- Obamacare Payment Cuts Force A Fourth Georgia Hospital To Close
- Restaurant Adds Surcharge To Tabs To Pay For Employees’ Healthcare
- Sebelius Won't Say Whether Still Fundraising To Promote Obamacare
- Obamacare Changes May Include Extension Of Risk Corridors
- Before O-Care Debacle, Sebelius Made Many Trips To The White House
- Health Exchanges Exceed Target For First Time
- The Top Ten Obamacare Delays
- GOP: Illegal Obamacare Delays Will Hurt President's Agenda
- How Many Obamacare Customers Have Paid For Their Plans?
- GOP Slams Obamacare Mandate Delay: 'A Train Wreck'
- HealthCare.Gov To Be Out Of Service
- Report: 'Avalanche' Of Regulations Still To Come Under Obamacare
- Millions Fall Through Medicaid-Obamacare Coverage Gap
- Healthcare.Gov Firm Had A Series Of Stumbles
- Taxpayers Hit For Millions As Six States Put Inmates On Obamacare Plans
- Poll: 51 Percent Still Oppose Obamacare And 19 Percent Say It's Hurting Their Family
- Aol Changing Its 401(K) Benefits Due To Obamacare
- Failed Obamacare Site Builder Keeps Getting Work From Obama Admin
- Carney: 'Only Around 22,000" Obamacare Subscribers Have Appealed Policy Errors
- Obamacare Computers Not Equipped To Fix Errors
- $1.37M Spent On Obamacare Ads
- More Uninsured Plan To Get Health Insurance Through Exchanges
- Obamacare Prices May Lure Employers To Exchanges
- Coburn Says Obamacaer Cost Him Coverage For Cancer Doctor
- Obamacare's Insurance Company Bailout
- Moody's Downgrades Health Insurers, Citing Obamacare
- Study: Staying Uninsured Cheaper Than Obamacare For Young
- Hospitals Could Close Over Funding Delay
- Target To Drop Health Insurance For Part-Time Workers
- Estimate: 10 To 20 Percent Of Obamacare 'Enrollees' Will Be Dropped For Non-Payment
- Woman Spends Six Weeks Trying To Disenroll From Obamacare
- Another O-Care Provision Delayed
- WH Delays Another Obamacare Deadline
- Young Enrolles Of Obamacare Fall Well Short Of The Goal
- Obamacare 'Tech Surge' Fails To Fix Wrong Prices, Plans
- Inflated Billings Tied To Expansion Of Digital Medical Records
- Poll: Obamacare Opposition Reaches All-Time High
- CMS Report Says Health Spending Remained Low Due To Recession, Not Obamacare
- Congressman To Sue Over O-Care Contributions
- Obamacare Threatens Cuts For Volunteer Firefighters
- Obamacare's Use Expected To Spike Beginning Next Week
- Study Finds That Medicaid Coverage Increases Emergency Room Visits
- Obamacare Woes Remain Despite Higher Enrollment
- Here Are The Big Losers In Obamacare
- W.H. Stands By Birth Control Rule
- Official In Charge Of HealthCare.Gov Retiring
- Top 5 O-Care Stories to Watch
- Ten Obamacare Promises Broken
- Obama SIgns Up 'Symbolically' For Obamacare
- Obamacare Site Sees Traffic Surge on Eve of Enrollment Deadline
- Poll: More Than Half Skeptical Obamacare Lower Costs
- Obamacare Signup Deadline Arrives
- Obamacare Fight Erupts in Deep-Blue Maryland
- White House Broadens Obamacare Exemptions
- Feds Fail to Send Records on 10,000 Medicaid Applications
- 70 Percent Do Not Trust the Media to Inform About Obamacare
- Uninsured Skeptical of Health Care Law
- First Lady: Make Obamacare Your New Year's Resolution
- Harry Reid Takes Taxpayer Subsidy
- Obamacare May Hit Smokers, Obese
- OFA Video Teaches Parents How to Inject Obamacare Into Christmas Dinner
- Next Obamacare Crisis: Small-Business Costs?
- Obamacare For Obama? Not Yet!
- People With Health Insurance Sour On Obamacare, Poll Finds
- Report: Ill Trained Obamacare Navigators Encouraging Fraud, Jeopardizing Private Info
- Obamacare Targets Volunteer Fire Departments
- Taxpayers Spent 14K For Each Obamacare Enrollee So Far
- Sebelius Back to the Hill for More Drubbings
- Dems: Fixes Not Enough on O-CARE
- SC Bill Nullifies Obamacare, Could be Model Elsewhere
- PR Firms Cash in on Health Rollout Woes
- Congress Members Finding Obamacare Signup Difficult
- Obamacare Raids Medicare
- One Private Meeting Between President, HHS Secretary in 3.5 Years Leading up to Obamacare Launch
- Young Invincibles Spurn O-Care
- 100 Million Americans Have Gained the RIght for Free...Contraception
- Obamacare: What Obama Won't Say
- Congresssman Warns Using Healthcare.Gov a Risk for Stolen Identity
- IRS Subsidy Regulation Challenged in Federal Court
- Some People are Getting Switched Automatically to More Expensive Insurance Plans Under Obamacare
- Administration Switches on O-Care From Defense to Attack
- White House Admits Obamacare Sign-ups Can Be Blocked
- No security ever built into Obamacare site: Hacker
- Bugs that Plauge Healthcare.Gov Enrollment
- Lawsuits That Could Mortally Wound Obamacare
- White House Returns to Obamacare Sales Mode
- Despite Website Fixes, Fears Grow that Obamacare Numbers Don't Add Up
- Obamacare Website-Maker Runs Failed Army Human Terrain System Program
- President Admits Obamacare Not 'Smart Political Thing' in Letter
- Survey: Doctors Rebelling Against Obamacare
- Supreme Court to Take up Obamacare Contraception Case
- Large Employers Cite Obamacare 'Cadillac' Tax in Reducing Benefits
- It's Not Obamacare, Its Business
- For Flailing Obama, It's Fixing Healthcare, Stupid
- Top 4 US Hospital Laying Off Staff Due to Obamacare
- Young Americans Not Receiving Promised Obamacare Subsidies
- Obamacare Website was in Chaos Just Days Before Launch
- Feds Back up Another Obamacare Deadline Till 2014
- Healthcare Law is Dividing Republican Governors
- Cancellations Are Coming for Millions More
- Health Insurers Limit Choices to Keep Costs Down
- O'Keefe Video Captures Nonprofit Obamacare Enrollement Group Conspiring to Engage in Political Activity
- GOP Plans Eight Probes Investigating Obamacare
- Obamacare Tradeoffs: Now They Tell Us
- Oregon Still Hasn't Signed up a Single Person for Obamacare
- 'Not a Magic Date' Sebelius Says Health Site Will Stay Work in Progress
- Mr. President, Tear Down this Website
- Single Mother Who White House Touted as an Obamacare 'Success' Story Can't Actually Afford New Insurance
- Obama to Insurers: No Bailout
- Poll: Obama's Ratings Hits Record Lows, Opposition to Obamacare at Record Highs
- White House Told of Health Web Site Issues in March
- Rebellion Brews Over O-Care Fix
- Obamacare Raises Taxes for Americans Who Lost Existing Plans
- Report: Obama May Have Known Keep-Your-Plan Promise Untrue
- Obamacare Crisis is Choking Obama's Top Priority Immigration Bill
- 174K Per Year Congressman Will Get Special Obamacare Subsidy
- Ex-Secret Service Agent's Insurance Cut Under Obamacare
- Uncertainity After Obama Retreat on Health Plans
- Obama's Messy Breakup with Insurers
- Obama Goes to the Woodshed
- Insurance Companies Protest Obama's Obamacare Fix
- Obama Changes Affordable Care Act Requirements by Himself
- Democrats Threaten to Abandon Obamacare
- Gallup: Disapproval of Obamacare Growing
- 106, Enrolled in Health Insurance in First Month of Healthcare.gov
- Hackers Attack Obamacare Site
- Issa's Next to Take a Swing at Botched Obamacare Rollout
- Healthcare.Gov Unlikely to be Fixed by Deadline
- Not on Cholesterol Meds? New Guidelines May Change that
- About 40,000 Have Signed up for Plans on Healthcare.Gov
- Dem Calls for Obamacare Probe
- American People Deserve Affordable Health Care Plans
- Data Released this Week Could Seal Obamacare's Fate
- Voters Shocked by Obamacare Cancellations, Skyrocketing Rates
- Talk of Penalty is Missing in Ads for Health Care
- The Lowest Low of the Obama Presidency
- 'I Am Sorry'
- Obamacare: After Obama's Apology, Talk of Solutions and--Still--the Website
- Sebelius Hearing: More Bad News
- Obama Insurers Make Peace in Bid to Save O-Care Enrollment Site
- Documents Show Obamacare Website only Able to Handle 1,100 Users in Test
- Seven Devastating Obamacare Facts
- Insecure: ACA Vulnerabilities Feared
- What Happens if Young People Don't Sign up for Obamacare
- Obama denies ‘you can keep it’ videotaped promises
- Obamacare's Next Flop: Most to Find Fewer Choices, Higher Prices
- Obama Denies Saying if you Like Your Health Care Plan You Can Keep it
- Problems and Excuses Mount for Obamacare
- Lobby Firm Brings on Obama Aide
- Backlash Grows Over Higher Costs Under Health Law
- Obamacare Website Goes Dark For Nightly Fix it Work
- At Least 129 Million will 'Not be able to Keep' Health Care Plan if Obamacare Fully Implemented
- Under Obamacare, Millions Can Get Free Policies
- Obama Donor's Firm Hired to Fix Web Mess it Helped Make
- O-Care Docs: 248 Joined in First Two Days
- Report: White House Exerting 'Massive Pressure' On Insurance Companies to Keep Quiet
- Glitch Lists New York Bakery, Limo Service as Obamacare Advisors
- The President's Abandoned Promise on Health Care
- Report: Contractor Warned Administration about Obamacare Site Problems
- White House Struggles to Defend Obama Healthcare Claim
- Aetna CEO: Why Insurance will be Costing More
- Report: White House Knew Millions Would Lose Insurance
- DOCS Resisting Obamacare
- Think Tank Collects Obama Failure Stories
- Obamacare Headaches: More than Website
- Obamacare Website Company had Ties to Fundraising
- Healthcare.Gov Homepage Gets Makeover
- CMS: 3.5 Years Not Enough TIme to Make Healthcare.Gov Work
- Fake Obamacare Websites by the Hundreds
- Obamacare Deadline to be Postponed
- Obamacare Contracts Blast Obama's Leadership for System's Woes
- Sebelius and Her History of Government Website Projects
- Insurers Knew it Would be a Big Mess
- Obama Using Obamacare Meltdown to Raise Cash
- O-Care Falling Behind
- Health Law's Insurance CO-OPS are in Danger
- Health Chief Insists President Did not Know of Problems with Obamacare Website Until After its Launch
- Did the President Know about Heatlhcare.gov?
- Urgent White House meeting with insurance chiefs
- Thousands Of Consumers Get Insurance Cancellation Notices Due To Health Law Changes
- Obamacare Debacle in Spotlight
- ACA Bunker Mentality
- Hobby Lobby Requests Supreme Court Take up Obamacare Birth Control Mandate
- How Long Do They Really Have to Fix that Obamacare Website?
- Obama to Speak About Obamacare Website Woes
- Sebelius Must Answer for Obamacare Debacle
- Obamacare Seeks to Segregate Patients, Doctors by Race
- Oprah Refused to Help the President Promote Obamacare
- Contractors See Weeks of Work on US Health Site
- Feds Didn't Allow Testing Of Obamacare Site Until Week Before Launch
- Carney: President Unhappy With Obamacare Rollout
- Fewer than 50 People Enroll in Obamacare in Wisconsin
- Fast-Food CEO says Obama 'Wrong' Health Law is Hurting Job Creation
- Former Obama Spokesman: Heads Should Roll for Healthcare Bungle
- GOP Probes Glitch-Ridden Rollout of Obamacare
- White House Spokesman Doesn't Know if Obama Has Tried to Access Healthcare Site
- Early Warnings Failed to Prepare Obamacare Site
- Obamacare Puts Prison Inmates on Medicaid Rolls
- Obamacare Crash Not Just Traffic
- Rocky Start: Americans in all Age Groups Report Obamacare Problems
- Obamacare Reg on Digitial Patient Records Raises Security Concerns
- States With Highest Levels of Uninsured
- Waxman on 10,535 Pages of Obamacare Regs: 'Is it Important that I read it?'
- Dem Attributes Obamacare Glitches to 'Millions' of Applicants Overloading the System
- The U.S. Healthcare Paradox: We like the Affordable Care Act But Fear Obamacare
- U.S. Employers Slashing Worker Hours to Avoid Obamacare
- Obamacare Exchanges Start Up as Government Shuts Down
- Techies Working OT to Fix Obamacare Glitches
- You Think Obamacare Fight is Ugly?
- Experts Fear Obamacare Rate 'Spiral'
- Insurance Costs May Soar for Some Under Obamacare
- White House Delays Obamacare Enrollment for Businesses and Spanish Speakers
- Obamacare Wipes Out Choice, Creates Insurance Monopolies
- IRS Can't Account for $67M in Obamacare Spending
- Private Health Care Ends, Socialism Begins
- Would a Federal Shutdown Delay Health Care Exchanges?
- Obamacare: Californians Will Pay 10th Highest Rate in the Country
- Tennessee: Obamacare Will Triple Men's Premiums, Double Women's
- How Much Will Obamacare Premiums Cost?
- Obamacare 'Glitch' Costly for Families
- Obamacare: One Blow After Another
- Obamacare for the Feds
- Obama's Health-Care Conversion
- Survey: Most Americans Against Defunding Obamacare
- The Other Health-Care Funding Fight you Must Watch
- Reid: House Vote to Derail Obamacare a 'Waste of Time'
- Close to 250 House Members Ready to Defund Obamacare Today
- NARAL Condems Video Ad for Comparing Obamacare to Sexual Assault
- Boehner: 'We Need to Protect the American People From Obamacare
- War of Words on Obamacare Bill
- Gov't Health-Care Recipients Outnumber Full-Time Private Sector Workers
- Obamacare is Like the Titanic
- U.S. government scales back Obamacare impact for 2014
- Walgreen Shifts Employees to Health Care Exchanges
- Poll: 68 Percent Concerned About Their Health Care Under New Law
- Franchise Owners Plead for Obamacare Relief
- Americans Unconvinced About Obamacare
- Beware of Backroom Last-Minute Obamacare Funding Deal
- Democrats Reject GOP Efforts to Delay Funding for Obamacare
- AFL-CIO Calls Obamacare 'Highly Disruptive' to Union Health Plans
- Conservatives Use Budget Deadline to Revive Obamacare Debate
- With an Eye on Obamacare, Companies Move to Cut Workers Hours
- Seaworld Slashes Worker Hours to Avoid Obamacare Fines
- ABCs of Obamacare: A Glossary for Consumers
- Businesses May Face $100 Per Day Penalty Under Obamacare
- Poll: Congress' Popularity Creeps Up
- Putin Denounces U.S. Plans to Bomb Syria in Op-Ed
- Obama to Ban New Coal Plants Without Costly Carbon Controls
- CIA Head Clears Benghazi Survivors to Speak to Congress
- Obamacare Regulations Are 8 Times Longer Than Bible
Since March 2010, when President Barack Obama signed the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) and its companion Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act (HCERA), the administration has published in the Federal Register 109 final regulations governing how Obamacare will be implemented.
- Behind the Scenes of the Constitutional Challenge to Obamacare
- Obamacare Regulations are 8 Times Longer than the Bible
- First Look at How Much Obamacare will Cost You
- Technical Snafus Confuse Charges for Obamacare Plans
- Early Big Winners of Obamacare: Investors, Lawyers, Consultants, Tech Experts
- Obamacare Exchanges Aren't the Only Game in Town
- White House Explainer-In-Chief Bill Clinton Talks Obamacare
- Rubio Blasts 9 Million Dollar Ad Campaign for Obamacare
- Obamacare Backlash Union Dumps AFL-CIO Over Health Law
- Major Insurance Company Pulls Out of Obamacare Measure
- Martin Luther King Jr. Would Like Obamacare, Obama Says
- How the Obamacare Defunding Battle Exploded Into a Political Showdown
- Is the Administration 'Lying to the American People' About Obamacare?
- Obamacare Faces, yet, Another Delay
- Latest Poll on Obamacare Shows Majority of Americans Remain Opposed to the Law
- Cruz, Lee, Paul to Headline Defunding Obamacare
- Introducing a Bill to Stop Obamacare Subsidies
- Is Obamacare Driving a Doctor Shortage?
- Obamacare Creators Raking in Dough as Lobbyists
- Citing Obamacare, Some Cities, Counties Cutting Hours
- Spousal Plans Take Obamacare Hit
- Effort to Defund Obamacare Gaining GOP Support
- Obamacare Birth Control Mandate on Fast Track to Supreme Court
- Study: Obamacare 'Death Spiral' Inevitable as Young People Forgo Insurance
- Obamacare Launch Creates Opening for Scammers
- Outrage as Forever 21 Cuts 1% of employees to Obamacare Safe Hours
- Study: Young people better off not enrolling in Obamacare
- Majority of voters want congress to defund Obamacare
- Obama group’s new ad touts healthcare law insurance rebates
- Gingrich: NO GOP HEALTH CARE PLAN
- Christian family-owned gun parts firm wins reprieve from HHS mandate
- A Limit on Consumer Costs is Delayed in Health Care Law
- Sebelius to staff: Help sell Obamacare --- even with your email
- ObamaCare ‘death panel’ faces growing opposition from Dems
- It’s official: Congress, staff won’t be held to same standard as Americans for Obamacare costs
- Will Congress consider one-year delay on all spending for Obamacare?
- Major insurance companies flee exchanges
- Obamacare months behind in testing IT data security: government
- Congress to get Obamacare exemption
- Obamacare hurts parents of special-needs children
- Ohio Premiums to Soar
- Premiums up 198% in Georgia
- Why Mom is Target of Obamacare Advertising
- Obamacare technology testing slated for September
- Liberal Activist: ‘Thousands of People Will Die Every Year’ Under Obamacare
- Sen. Cruz won’t back down in ‘Defund Obamacare’ fight
- 'Obamacare' mandate delay will cost $12 billion, affect 1 million workers
- Howard Dean: Obamacare's Rationing Board is a Terrible Idea That Will Fail
- Alternative Treatments Could See Wide Acceptance Thanks to Obamacare
- ObamaCare Call Center To Keep Employees Under 30 Hours/Week
- Workers at ObamaCare call center angry after being offered jobs without health benefits
- Who made call to delay ObamaCare employer mandate?
- Congressman: Delay Obamacare individual mandate, too
- Full-Time Vs. Part-Time Workers: Restaurants Weigh Obamacare
- Moderate Democrats are quitting on Obamacare
- Poll: Voters say repeal ObamaCare, expect new law will cost them
- Obama’s health care law shifts big unions’ political alliances to GOP
Discord over President Obama’s health care law is forging strange alliances, with top Republicans reaching out to union bosses who helped Democrats muscle the legislation through Congress three years ago but now say the reforms will “destroy the very health and well-being of our members.”
- Doctor Sues Over Obamacare, Hoping High Court This Time Will Overturn It
A Texas physician has sued the federal government over Obamacare, hoping that new constitutional challenges will bring the beleaguered healthcare law back before the U.S. Supreme Court — and this time the high court will overturn it.
- Will Employer Mandate Eventually be Repealed?
- Washington Post: The Politics of Delaying Obamacare
- House Speaker: 'Train Wreck,' 'Unworkable'
- Delay Raction: YOU still must have insurance
- Delay Reaction: Republican former CBO director calls decision "deviously brilliant"
- Political Decision?: Obamacare employer mandate delayed until 2015
- UnitedHealth to exit individual insurance market in California
- Poll: 43% of uninsured don’t know about ObamaCare’s individual mandate
- Local Governments Reeling Under ObamaCare Costs
- Will Obamacare Hurt Jobs? It's Already Happening, Poll Finds
Small business owners' fear of the effect of the new health-care reform law on their bottom line is prompting many to hold off on hiring and even to shed jobs in some cases, a recent poll found.
- Obamacare Is Driving Some Doctors To Stop Taking Insurance Altogether
- Bill to repeal ObamaCare tax hits 218 cosponsors
- The Hill: GOP to constituents: Questions on ObamaCare? Call Obama
- Obamacare: Senators push for coverage of clergy, church employees
- Democratic Congressman: 'Not Fair' To Subject Congress To Obamacare Just Like Everyone Else
- Enrolling uninsured in Obamacare will be a challenge
- U.S. producing 'abysmally low' number of primary care doctors
Despite a shortage of U.S. primary care doctors, less than 25 percent of new doctors go into this field, and fewer still work in rural areas, researchers say.
- Anthony Weiner claims to have coined ‘Obamacare,’ then tries to backtrack
Obamacare, he told The New York Times, is “a term, by the way, that I coined.” The boast — reminiscent of former Vice President Al Gore’s assertion that he invented the Internet — left political insiders rolling their eyes.
- Health Benefits Come Under Knife Ahead Of ObamaCare
Spending on health benefits in service occupations and among small firms exposed to ObamaCare mandates shrank over the past year, new Labor Department data show.
- Even Lawmakers May Retire...Because of Health Care Costs
Dozens of lawmakers and aides are so afraid that their health insurance premiums will skyrocket next year thanks to Obamacare that they are thinking about retiring early or just quitting.
- Obamacare: Is a $2,000 deductible 'affordable?'
States are starting to roll out details about the exchanges, providing a look at just how affordable coverage under the Affordable Care Act will be. Some potential participants may be surprised at the figures: $2,000 deductibles, $45 primary care visit co-pays, and $250 emergency room tabs.
- Wall Street Journal: Is there an ObamaCare Bait and Switch?
Liberals have spent years claiming that "rate shock" under the Affordable Care Act—the 20% to 30% average spike in insurance premiums that every independent analyst projects—is merely the political imagination of Republicans and the insurance industry.
- Rubio proposes constitutional amendment to invalidate ObamaCare mandate
Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., announced Tuesday that he is proposing an amendment to the U.S. constitution that would effectively invalidate the requirement under ObamaCare that nearly everybody buy health insurance.
- GAO: HHS Already Rationing Enrollment in Obamacare’s Pre-Existing Condition Plan
A pre-existing condition health insurance program established by Obamacare is already straining its own budget and, to control costs, the administration’s Health and Human Services Department (HHS) has stopped enrolling any new people in the program, according to an audit by the General Accountability Office (GAO).
- In California, Obamacare to Increase Individual Health Insurance Premiums by 64-146%
One of the most serious flaws with Obamacare is that its blizzard of regulations and mandates drives up the cost of insurance for people who buy it on their own.
- House votes to fully repeal Obamacare
With implementation of Obamacare set to begin later this year, the vote is largely symbolic. The Senate is highly unlikely to even take up a vote on repeal.
- AP: Cancer, MS Patients May Face Outrageous Costs Under ObamaCare
Opponents of President Obama’s health care overhaul have long warned about the cost of the change, both on a national and personal level. But now, even the Associated Press is acknowledging that some of the most ill in our society– whom many thought would now have “free” or dramatically cheaper coverage– may be hit the hardest.
- House to vote again on repealing ‘Obamacare’ next week
The House will vote again next week to repeal the 2010 health-care reform law, a decision by top Republican leaders designed in part to appease GOP freshmen lawmakers who have not had an opportunity to take a vote on the issue.
- NEW form you need for Obamacare
The form for individuals is a scant three pages -- a big improvement from the 21-page draft version circulated earlier this year.
- Congress Exempt? Issue May be Far Less Interesting
The story has blown up on Twitter. “Unbelievable,” tweets TPM’s Brian Beutler. “Flat out incredible,” says Politico’s Ben White. “Obamacare for thee, but not for me,” snarks Ben Domenech. “Two thumbs way, way down,” says Richard Roeper. (Okay, I made the last one up).
- Washington Post: About the Obamacare ‘train wreck’
Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius testified before the Senate Finance Committee on Wednesday. The moment that made headlines was when Sen. Max Baucus, the key author of the health-care law, fretted that the rollout would be “a huge train wreck
- Obamacare Adviser Zeke Emanuel: Obamacare Uncertainity Driving Up Premiums
"Can the premiums be kept relatively stable and not growing at, you know, 10, 12 percent? The first year is filled with uncertainty,” Emanuel said.
- Top Obamacare jobs vacant for months at HHS as Baucus fears 'train wreck,' Issa demands docs
Top executive jobs have been vacant for months at the Department of Health and Human Services key Obamacare insurance program, but officials there refuse to talk about the problem.
- Want to know the future of Obamacare? Take a look at Fort Dodge, Iowa.
The city has a population of 25,136 and a median income of $38,015. It is apparently named after a Wisconsin senator, which seems a bit strange for a city in Iowa
- Is Labor Turning Against Obamacare?
A union is calling for the law's repeal
- Affordable Care Act rules differ for former foster kids
While many young adults are now covered by the Affordable Care Act, able to remain on their parents' insurance until age 26, the rules are different for those like Cox-Reed, who grew up in the foster care system.
- Regal Entertainment Group's Obamacare Policy Leads To Facebook Backlash
The country's largest movie theater chain probably didn't expect widespread boycotts when it recently sent out a company memo about health care costs
- Baucus warns of 'huge train wreck' enacting ObamaCare provisions
Sen. Max Baucus (D-Mont.) said Wednesday he fears a "train wreck" as the Obama administration implements its signature healthcare law.
- How ObamaCare Blocks Reform From Taxes To Immigration
Is ObamaCare the reform to end all other reforms?
- Health law could boost use of temp workers
The health-care law could prove to be a boon for temporary-staffing companies as employers outsource jobs to sidestep complex requirements for medical insurance.
- Big Obamacare Backer Issues Warning
West Virginia Democratic Sen. Jay Rockefeller, one of the towering architects of Obamacare, on Tuesday openly criticized program managers for not moving quickly enough to build the system, warning that if it gets off to a bumpy start it will just get worse.
- Forbes: To Sign Up For Obamacare, Start Filling Out The Forms Now
The on-line version of that form requires 60 printed pages to spell out all the queries. (A condensed paper version of the same application fills 21 pages).
- ObamaCare in Trouble? Exchange provision delayed, as lawmakers push to repeal another
The Obama administration now says a special system of exchanges designed to make it easier for small businesses to provide insurance will be delayed an entire year -- to 2015.
- Most individual health insurance isn't good enough for Obamacare
If you buy your own health insurance now, you'll be in for a big change when you sign up for coverage in 2014.
- Does The Republican plan for replacing Obamacare really replace Obamacare?
Take a look at the 8 point place to replace Obamacare.
- Lawsuit over health care tax could kill ‘Obamacare’
“Obamacare” looks increasingly inevitable, but one lawsuit making its way through the court system could pull the plug on the sweeping federal health care law.
- Groups Of Adults Turn To Cooperative Households To Save Money in Light of Health Care Costs
With the cost of living on the rise and showing no sign of slowing down, total strangers desperate to save money are moving in together.
- W.H. Still Insists Obamacare Will Lower 'Future' Rates
Here's a White House spokesman, Josh Earnest, being asked about the comments today:
- Study estimates Obamacare could raise individual claim costs 32 percent
Actuaries groups offers sobering look at the rising costs for individual insurance coverage plans under Obama health law
- Sebelius: Yep, ObamaCare is raising insurance costs
A watershed moment in the ongoing disaster of ObamaCare, as Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius finally admits that health insurance premiums are rising because of the President’s health insurance takeover, per the Wall Street Journal:
- Is medical device tax next piece of Obamacare to be scrapped?
The Senate voted 79-20 last week to repeal a 2.3 percent excise tax on medical devices, dealing a blow to one of the new taxes imposed to pay for health care reform.
- Obamacare Costs Spark Voter Cynicism
Nowhere is this frustration and distrust more apparent than in the realm of health policy. Three years after the enactment of Obamacare, the level of skepticism about it remains high.
- Here’s Obamacare’s most controversial regulation
The requirement that contraceptives be covered without co-payment has drawn more than 147,000 public comments, according to an analysis from the Sunlight Foundation.
- Judge overturns Mo. law on birth control coverage
federal judge has struck down a Missouri law exempting moral objectors from mandatory birth control coverage because it conflicts with an insurance requirement under President Barrack Obama's health care law.
- Obamacare Group Appointments With Doctors: When Three Isn't A Crowd
According to a study published in December, meeting the country's health-care needs will require nearly 52,000 additional primary-care physicians by 2025. More than 8,000 of that total will be needed for the more than 27 million people newly insured under the Affordable Care Act.
- Want Obamacare? Here’s the 21-page draft application
The Affordable Care Act also envisions a group of navigators, financed by state exchanges, who will—as the name implies—help navigate the insurance system.
- Affordable Care Act: Rural hospitals face coverage quandary
Like many rural hospitals, the Brownfield Regional Medical Center has a high percentage of patients on Medicaid, the joint federal and state program that helps low-income and uninsured people pay for medical and custodial care.
- Care about Obamacare? Then you should really care about Arkansas
When Arkansas governor Mike Beebe was in Washington for the National Governors Association meeting, he made a trip to Health and Human Services.
- Judge: Feds Can’t Make Domino’s Founder Offer Birth Control under Obamacare
A federal judge has blocked the Obama administration from requiring Domino’s Pizza founder Tom Monaghan to provide mandatory contraception coverage to his employees under the federal health care law.
- Associated Press: Applying for Obamacare ‘Enormously Time Consuming and Complex’
Applying for benefits under President Barack Obama’s health care overhaul could be as daunting as doing your taxes.
- Obamacare May Bite You At The Vets Office
Pet owners listen up: You may want to start saving more money for veterinarian care this year. The reason goes all the way back to Washington and an unintended consequence from medical reform
- Fact Check: Does ‘Obamacare’ have $1 trillion in tax hikes, aimed at the middle class?
When the health care law became law in 2010, the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office and the Joint Committee on Taxation provided estimates of the revenues in the law. But those estimates did not give a full picture because some big taxes did not begin until 2013 — and some are delayed even further. That means the tax number is bound to grow each year we move into a different budget window.
- Tax Prof: ObamaCare Tax Increases Are Double Original Estimate
The Joint Committee on Taxation recently released a 96 page report on the tax provisions associated with Affordable Care Act. The report describes the 21 tax increases included in Obamacare, totaling $1.058 trillion – a steep increase from initial assessment, according to the Tax Prof Blog.
- Rep. Paul Ryan's Budget Assumes the Repeal of Obamacare
"We think we owe the American people a balanced budget," Rep. Paul Ryan, chairman of the House Budget Committee, said on Sunday.
- How Obamacare will make finding a doctor harder
A study in the American Journal of Medical Quality found that the ranks of “safety-net physicians” — those willing to see Medicaid and uninsured patients —appears to be at its limit under current circumstances.
- Obamacare sales tax whacks Republican super PACs
Federal tax regulators outlined the rules pertaining to a tax on health insurance companies (and super PACs, to Karl Rove’s chagrin) levied by Obamacare that will cost$58.8 billion over five years before rising after 2018.
- HHS Proposes Delaying Key Part of ObamaCare’s Small Business Health Insurance Exchanges
In response to skepticism that ObamaCare’s health insurance exchanges will be ready on schedule later this year, Obama administration officials have been swearing up and down, cross their hearts and hope to voucherize Medicare, that ObamaCare’s exchanges — the health insurance portals that are the centerpiece of the law — will indeed be ready on time.
- Obamacare requires employers to offer insurance. What if it’s too expensive?
Millions of lower-income workers may gain access to employer-sponsored health insurance under the Affordable Care Act—but they may decide not to purchase that coverage.
- What’s changed, what’s coming and how Obamacare affects you
A look at changes under the Affordable Care Act.
- Factcheck: Will ‘Obamacare’ cost $20,000 a family?
Check out a fact check of some of the phases of Obamacare rollout.
- Florida doesn't have enough doctors for Medicaid expansion, lobby group says
Brace yourself for longer lines at the doctor's office.
- Universal Orlando dropping health coverage for part-time workers over ObamaCare rule
The rule, which has raised concern at a number of other companies, would restrict annual limits on insurance policies. The trade-off in these plans has historically been that while payouts were capped, premiums were low.
- Dunkin' Brands Lobbying Against Key Obamacare Provision
An iconic American brand has come out against a key Obamacare provision requiring some companies to expand their health insurance coverage.
- An Alternative to Obamacare?
Instead of paying for more poor people to have health insurance, S.C. Republicans offered to pay hospitals more to keep poor people out of emergency rooms.
- 26 States to Get Obamacare Exchanges With Little Local Input
The Obama administration said that it will operate federal online health insurance marketplaces in 26 of the 50 U.S. states with little or no input from local state officials.
- Are There More Obamacare ‘Surprises’
Every time one of the warnings voiced by Obamacare’s critics before the law was enacted has come true, the law’s most eager champions (i.e. the political press) have seemed deeply surprised. It’s almost as if they just weren’t listening, isn’t it?
- Under Obamacare, who even counts as a tobacco user?
Big tobacco companies and anti-cancer activists are standing in opposition to a part of the Affordable Care Act that allows insurance companies to charge smokers 50 percent more than patients who do not use tobacco
- Rate shock: How ObamaCare is causing a surge in insurance premiums
Over the past couple of weeks, many insurance companies have provided guidance in their investor calls that premiums for insurance plans being sold in the individual market could go up as much as 50 percent on average.
- Va. Gov. cuts state employee hours to avoid Obamacare costs
About 10,000 Virginia public employees are poised to see their hours cut back as Gov. Bob McDonnell continues to find ways around what he said were President Obama's costly health care reforms.
- Obamacare co-ops being created behind closed doors
Secrecy shrouds President Obama's $2 billion program to launch 24 new co-ops designed to compete with private insurance companies under the chief executive's landmark health care reform.
- Obamacare red tape burden: 127,602,371 hours yearly
Complying with the raging tsunami of new Obamacare rules and regulations will cost American businesses and families 127 million hours annually, enough time to carve out another 1,039 Mount Rushmores which took 14 years complete, according to a new House report.
- Column: Obamacare Starts In 2013, As Should Plans To Reform It
2013 will be a crucial year in the implementation of Obamacare, and a central focus of the Obama administration. Thus far, the Obama administration’s emphasis has been on standing up the program’s basic edifice for the long run rather than making sure it rolls out smoothly. Once erected, the law’s dictates will transform the underlying architecture of the American health care system – perhaps permanently.Given these stakes, Obamacare’s critics cannot afford to spend the next year on the sidelines and accept its intrusive excesses as the new status quo in American healthcare.
- Seven million will lose insurance under Obama health law
President Obama's health care law will push 7 million people out of their job-based insurance coverage — nearly twice the previous estimate, according to the latest estimates from the Congressional Budget Office released Tuesday.
- IRS: Cheapest Obamacare Plan Will Be $20,000 Per Family
In a final regulation issued Wednesday, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) assumed that under Obamacare the cheapest health insurance plan available in 2016 for a family will cost $20,000 for the year.
- Health care reform: Timeline for Affordable Care Act
What's next for the implementation of "ObamaCare"? Take a look at the history of the Affordable Care Act and what laws are ahead through 2016.
- Will Health-Care Reform Cause Hospitals to Turn Patients Away? VIDEO
- How Might Immigration Reform Influence Health Care Reform?
After decades of debate and legal challenges, national health care reform moves onward. Next up: immigration reform. The two are linked. Immigrants -- both those who are documented and those who are not -- are less likely to have health insurance than their U.S.-born counterparts. Almost half the documented immigrants in the U.S. do not have health coverage, according to 2011 Employee Benefit Research Institute statistics .
- John Metz Denny's Obamacare Surcharge Stirs Big Mess For Restaurant Chain
Don't expect to hear more about an Obamacare surcharge from Denny's franchisee John Metz.
- Darden Restaurants Tests Hiring Of More Part-Time Employees To Avoid Obamacare Costs
The owner of Olive Garden and Red Lobster restaurants is putting more workers on part-time status in a test aimed at limiting costs from President Barack Obama's health care law.
- Under Health Care Reform, Employers May Slash Workers' Hours To Avoid Mandate
In the choice between either cutting workers' hours or settling for a smaller profit margin, some people expect most companies will be more concerned with their own bottom lines than with those of their workers.
- Study: Health care costs to increase for business under health law
If you've got anywhere between 101 and 1,000 employees, listen up: Your health care costs are expected to rise 9.5 percent because of federal health care reform.
- Open Enrollment and Obamacare: What You Need to Know
While health care is still a hot issue in the election, in the coming months consumers will be facing a health insurance decision of their own: open enrollment. That’s the period, usually in the last quarter of the year, when workers with insurance can change coverage options without having to prove their health status.
- Could small businesses skirt Obamacare’s mandates?
Bob Laszewski, a former insurance executive, has taken a look at how small businesses might dodge a number of the health law’s (potentially expensive) mandates: They could self-insure.
- Liking It or Not, States Prepare for Health Law
Like many Republican governors, Jan Brewer of Arizona is a stinging critic of President Obama’s health care law. When the Supreme Court upheld it in June, she called the ruling “an overreaching and unaffordable assault on states’ rights and individual liberty.”
- CBO raises estimate of those hit by Obama health care tax
Congress‘ official scorekeeper said Wednesday that 30 million people will be uninsured when President Obama’s health care law goes fully into effect, including six million Americans who are expected to pay a tax penalty — about two million more than originally forecast when the law was passed in 2010.
- Hobby Lobby Files Suit Against Health Care Mandate
The founder of Hobby Lobby, David Green said during a conference call that his family's faith is being challenged by the federal government.
- Bart Stupak: “Perplexed and disappointed” that White House undid Obamacare abortion compromise
In a forum at the Democratic convention in Charlotte, North Carolina, former Michigan Democratic congressman Bart Stupak made a surprising admission: The White House had walked away from the compromise it had earlier struck with him on the abortion language in Obamacare.
- Bloomberg: The Great Medicare Cost-Control Experiment Begins
In the Obama administration’s effort to transform the American health-care system, perhaps the biggest challenge is whether Obamacare can reign in costs without sacrificing quality.
- Ryan: Obama Using Medicare As A ‘Piggy Bank’ For Obamacare
Paul Ryan accused President Obama on Wednesday of raiding Medicare to fund "Obamacare," a common campaign attack for the Romney-Ryan campaign, at a rally in Adel, Iowa.
- Did Paul Ryan Request Obamacare Cash?
Republican vice-presidential candidate Paul Ryan is barnstorming the country, promising to repeal every provision of the Affordable Care Act if the Romney-Ryan ticket is elected. But a letter he wrote to the Obama administration may undermine this message.
- Governors bucking Obamacare gamble with women's health
In four southern states where maternal or pregnancy-related mortality is higher than average and insurance coverage is lower, health authorities worry about governors' decisions to decline Medicaid expansion.
- TX AG compares fight against Obamacare to Alamo
Comparing it to the battle of the Alamo, Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott said Wednesday though the state lost the health care fight in the U.S. Supreme Court, there are other ways to dismantle the landmark legislation critics call Obamacare.
- National Review: Trying to Love Obamacare?
After running away from Obamacare since 2010, Democrats embraced the law and tried to wrap it in new packaging in hopes it will sell better.
- Washington Post: Repealing Obamacare would take health care away from people
There’s been a good deal of punditry to the effect that Obama and Dems will have to run from the health law this cycle; Obamacare remains unpopular and a symbol of Obama taking his eye off the ball of the economy; etc. This doesn’t really look like running away from the health law, does it?
- Student Health Care Costs to Skyrocket at Private NC College Due to Obamacare: ‘This Is the Beginning’
Guilford College in North Carolina will likely be forced to charge students 75 percent more for health insurance in order to comply with federal regulations under President Barack Obama’s sweeping healthcare law, college administrators told Campus Reform.
- Book: Obamacare law designed to unionize 21 million health care workers
In a book set for publication Tuesday, a politics and government professor at The Citadel claims President Obama’s 2009 health care reform law was, in part, a union-driven effort to organize 21 million health care workers.
- Fact Check: Four video explanations of ‘gaffes’ by Obama and Romney
Take a closer look at “gaffes” made by President Obama and former Gov. Mitt Romney. Find out what they really said — without the selective editing
- Health law readiness follows state, party lines
The District and Maryland are moving aggressively to implement virtual markets of insurance plans, becoming national leaders in carrying out President Obama’s vision for health care reform, while their Republican neighbors in Virginia remain less than eager to implement the controversial law.
- Parents’ insurance covers children up to age 26 — but not for pregnancy
The health-care overhaul provides a safety net for young adult children, who can now stay on their parents’ health plans until they reach age 26. But it doesn’t guarantee that their parents’ plan will cover a common medical condition that many young women face: pregnancy.
- Democrats: OK, We WIll Say "Obamacare"
It's the term critics invented for President Obama’s health law, more properly known as the Affordable Care Act of 2010. Republicans long ago successfully pasted the president’s name on the program to deride it as a big-government boondoggle. But now an unlikely group has adopted the moniker: Democrats.
- NY Times:U.S. Officials Brace for Huge Task of Operating Health Exchanges
Obama administration officials are getting ready to set up and operate new health insurance markets in about half the states, where local officials appear unwilling or unable to do so.
- Poll: 46 percent of Americans could still change their mind about Obamacare
Despite the Supreme Court decision to uphold the Affordable Care Act, a new poll shows that 46 percent of Americans admit they can still be persuaded to change their opinion of the law.
- In-store clinics look to be a remedy for healthcare law influx
If you thought it was hard getting a doctor's appointment now, just wait until 30 million more Americans join the line.
- Judge Temporarily Stops Administration from Forcing Christian Family to Act Against Faith
U.S. District Judge John L. Kane issued an injunction that temporarily prohibits the Obama administration from forcing a Christian family in Colorado to act against its faith in the way it operates its heating, ventilation and air-conditioning business.
- Nearly one in 10 employers to drop health coverage
About one in 10 employers plan to drop health coverage when key provisions of the new health care law kick in less than two years from now, according to a survey.
- Judge Rejects States' Lawsuit Challenging Obamacare Contraception Mandate
Seven attorneys general trying to block the federal health care law's requirement for contraception coverage saw their lawsuit dismissed Tuesday by a federal judge who said they didn't have standing to file it.
- Doc says ‘physicians have reached a tipping point’
A doctor representing the American Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons told The Daily Caller that “physicians have reached a tipping point” under current health care laws, as they cannot both care for their patients and comply with mandated regulations.
- ObamaCare's Unenforceable Linchpin
Americans can refuse to comply with its command that they obtain government-approved medical coverage.
- Judge Rejects States' Lawsuit Challenging Obamacare Contraception Mandate
Seven attorneys general trying to block the federal health care law's requirement for contraception coverage saw their lawsuit dismissed by a federal judge who said they didn't have standing to file it.
- Plan now for tax impacts of health care reform
With the Supreme Court upholding the health care law, millions of Americans now face the prospect of getting health insurance or paying Uncle Sam a penalty/tax. That could mean an extra car payment each month for families not paying for coverage now.
- Reform may hit hospitals harder
The immediate reaction on Wall Street to last month’s U.S. Supreme Court ruling upholding President Obama’s health care law was to buy hospital stocks and dump health insurance stocks. But at least one analyst expects the long-term outcome to be exactly opposite of that
- Americans Are Still Confused About Health-Care Reform
Results from a Gallup poll show that voters' beliefs about the ACA's anticipated effects are highly colored by partisan affiliation.
- Maryland examines taxes, fees to fund health exchange
The state of Maryland is looking for ways to raise up to $50 million annually though an assortment of taxes and fees to finance the state's health benefits exchange, an insurance marketplace that the federal health care law requires states to have operational by 2014.
- FTC: Health ruling is prompting scams
Federal trade regulators warned Friday that scam artists are using the healthcare law to ask for consumers' personal information over the phone.
- Estimated Cost of ‘Obamacare’ Is Now $2.6 Trillion — Nearly $1.7 Trillion More Than Obama Promised
According to the latest estimates, President Obama’s health care law, also known as “Obamacare,” will cost around $2.6 trillion over the next 10 years, nearly $1.7 trillion more than Obama’s initial promise of $900 billion.
- Congressman: Door Opens For More Government Taxes
The U.S. Supreme Court decision upholding the 2010 health-care law’s individual insurance mandate as a tax opens a “brave new world” for Congress to impose levies, said Representative Dave Camp, chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee.
- Tax businesses see profits in healthcare law
While some see the new healthcare law as a source of controversy, tax preparation companies see it as an opportunity, hoping it will bring in millions of new and confused customers.
- IRS to Issue ‘Scary Letters & Threats,’ Hire Thousands of New Employees to Enforce Health Care Law
Can the Internal Revenue Service police President Barack Obama’s health care mandate while simultaneously collecting all the taxes for running the federal government?
- SEIU to spend $250,000 on Spanish-language ads on Obamacare repeal vote
The Service Employees International Union announced it would run radio ads in the battleground states of Nevada, Virginia and Colorado aimed at telling the Spanish-language community it should back Obamacare
- House member compares healthcare law to TV's Boss Hogg
Rep. Phil Gingrey compared the 2010 healthcare law to Boss Hogg, the crooked commissioner of the fictional Hazzard County, Ga., in the 1970s TV series "The Dukes of Hazzard."
- Lawmakers attempt to shield religious organizations from HHS mandate tax
The bill is called the Religious Freedom Tax Repeal Act of 2012.
FOX News - Health Care Headlines
CNN Health Care Headlines
Share your Health Care Reform questions and challenges with new health care laws.