MONDAY: Sunny. High: 63. Winds: North 10-15 mph.
MONDAY NIGHT: Mostly clear. Low: 38. Winds: Northeast 5-10 mph.
TUESDAY: Mostly sunny. High: 65. Winds: Northeast 5-10 mph.
Night Out Prize Pack Rules
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in thiscontest, entrants must be Illinois residents who are 18 years of age or olderand reside in the WICS viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc.,Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Television of Illinois, LLC, and anyother company which owns, programs or provides other services to televisionbroadcast station WICS-TV (the Station), WICD, WBUI, WCCU, WRSP, The HiltonSpringfield, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all localtelevision broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies,and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term immediate families includesspouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
How to Enter
1. No purchase is necessary to enter: Only one entry per household per day.
2. From May 13, 2014 through May 17, 2013 viewerswill be asked to watch the Nightside 10p.m. newscast which airs on WICS Channel20 to obtain a daily key word. Then, viewers will then be asked to log onto www.wics.com to complete the online entry formwith their name, address, phone, email, birth date and daily keyword. No mechanically produced or competed entrieswill be accepted.
3. The contest starts on May 13, 2013, and endsat 11:59 p.m. CDT on May 17, 2013 (the Contest Period). Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. CDTeach day during the Contest Period to qualify for the daily drawing. Station is not responsible for late lost ormisdirected entries, printing/typing errors, server unavailability, computer,or any other electronic malfunction.
4. The followingbusiness day during the Contest Period, one (1) daily finalist will be randomlyselected among daily valid entries, for a total of five (5) finalists. Finalists will be notified by phone. Remaining valid entries will not carry overto the next daily drawing. On May 20,2013, one (1) winner will be randomly selected from among the validfinalists. Each of the four (4)remaining finalists will be deemed second place winners.
5. All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or fromineligible entrants will be void. All entries (including pictures) becomethe property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc.and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. Each of the four (4) second place winnerswill receive one (1) $100.00 voucher to Willow & Birch Salon. One (1) grand prize winner will receive onenight hotel accommodations, one room, double occupancy, for two-four people ina Queen/Queen bed room at The Hilton Springfield, two (2) appetizers at Nick& Ninos Penthouse Steakhouse at The Hilton Springfield, and four (4) fullbreakfast buffet coupons for Highland Room at The Hilton Springfield. Grandprize package is valued at $275.00. All inclusions of the grand prize must beredeemed in one visit. The grand prize is subject to availability, reservation,and must be redeemed by June 30, 2014. Reservations (subject to availability and black out dates) must be madeprior to arrival at hotel and arrival at Nick & Ninos PenthouseSteakhouse. The grand prize winner must provide identificationand a major credit card at check-in. The grand prize does not include any transportation, other meals, alcoholicbeverages, or any other expenses.
2. Winners will benotified by phone. Before claimingprizes, winners must provide their correct name, address and telephone numberto Station at the time of notification. Winners must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility,which must be received within 10 days of notification at the time winners claimtheir prize in person at the Station. Winners must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examineadditional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prizebased on the identification presented.
3. If a second place winner cannot be notifiedwithin 3 days or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit ofeligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and another second place winnerwill not be selected. If the grand prize winner cannot be notified within 3days or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit ofeligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and another winner will berandomly selected from among remaining valid finalists.
4. There will be no substitutions or cashalternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute aprize of similar value. No transfer orassignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winners are responsible for paying alllocal, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retailvalue of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Only one prize will be awarded perhousehold.
7. Sinclair Television of Illinois, LLC,Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are notliable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy itsobligations to furnish its portion of the prize. The Station, sponsors, andprize provider shall not be responsible for winners failure to take the tripwithin the time frame described above, or cancellation of the hotel by thewinner.
8. Sinclair Television of Illinois, LLC,Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are notresponsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the awardor use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that SinclairTelevision of Illinois, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and SinclairTelevision Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character,likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner forpromotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of validentries.
2. Complete contest rules are available Mondaythrough Friday during normal business hours at WICS-TV, 2680 East Cook Street,Springfield IL, 62703 and on the Stations website at http://www.wics.com.
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate,self-addressed, stamped envelope to WICS-TV, 2680 East Cook Street, SpringfieldIL, 62703 by June 21, 2013.
4. This contest is subject to all applicablelaws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group,Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Television of Illinois, LLC,and The Hilton Springfield accept no responsibility or liability in connectionwith any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting fromthe acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost orstolen entries, prizes or contest information.
6. Station reserves the right to make rules andcontest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.
TrafficGet up to the minute traffic reports from WICS NewsChannel 20!
Health MattersFeaturing news segment videos about health.
In The KitchenWatch the area's best chefs whip up their tastiest creations. See them in action and get their recipes to try at home.
Behind The HeadlinesGet Behind the Headlines commentary with Mark Hyman.
Ready, Set, ShredIn an exclusive eight-week investigation, ABC Newschannel 20 digs deep into the Springfield police document shredding scandal.
Pay it ForwardPay It Forward... because sometimes people need a little extra help.
Ask the ExpertDo you need expert advice? Here's your chance to ask our experts!
Your Voice. Your Future.As the country faces challenges from federal budget issues to jobs and national debt, your voice is critical to the future.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us! Check out all the great attractions in your area!
Pump PatrolCheck out the ABC Newschannel 20's Pump Patrol to find the lowest prices, report low prices and get gas saving tips.
Spotlight 20Local organizations and community leaders tell us about events in central Illinois.
Raw NewsWatch extra news footage, full interviews, and extended stories that didn't make it on air. "Raw News" may include content that is not suitable for children and is intended for mature audiences only.
On the FarmWhether it's topical segments on what's happening on local farms to commodity prices, we have the world of central Illinois agriculture covered.
Home RoomWhen's the next school board meeting? Where's the basketball game? What's for lunch today? Do we have a snow day tomorrow? We have all the information you need for a successful school year--no pencil or ...
No Text ZoneTexting while driving kills thousands of people each year. Many more are seriously injured. Keep central Illinois roads safe by taking the "No Text Zone" pledge.
Business NewsStay up-to-date on the biggest business stories from around the nation.
Pet of the WeekThe cutest video you'll see anywhere! You won't be able to resist these adorable friends who need someone to love them.
Waste WatchHow are your tax dollars being spent? Waste Watch tracks whether local, state and federal governments are using your money wisely...or wasting it.
Washington TimesPolitics, Breaking News, US and World News.
Health Care ReformThe Supreme Court ruling to uphold the Affordable Care Act sparked a new battle. Check here daily for the latest developments, locally and across the country.
Tonight on WICS
8:00 - Secrets and Lies
9:00 - Revenge
10:00 - NewsChannel 20 at 10