WEDNESDAY: Mostly sunny with blustery winds and falling afternoon temperatures. High: 20. Winds: Northwest 15-20 mph, gusting to 30 mph.
WEDNESDAY NIGHT: Mostly clear and bitterly cold. Low: 1. Wind chills -5 to -15 below. ...
Illinois State Fair Text to Win Rules
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be Illinois residents who are 18 years of age or older, reside in the WICS-TV or WICD-TV viewing area and have a text capable device.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Television of Illinois, LLC and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast stations WICS-TV and WICD-TV (collectively the Stations), The Illinois Department of Agriculture, The Illinois State Fair, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term immediate families includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Only one winner per household if more than one winner per contest.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase necessary. One entry per person per day. Authorized account holder of the mobile telephone number associated with the entry is considered the entrant.
(b) On July 16, 18, 22, 24, 26, 30, 31, August 1 and 2, viewers will be asked to watch the WICS and WICD 10pm newscast on channels 20 and 15 to obtain thats days keyword. Then, to enter, text the keyword to short code 43817. Text HELP to 43817 for help. Text STOP to 43817 to cancel. Standard text messaging rates apply to all text message entries sent. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
(c) The contest starts on July 16, 2013, and ends on August 3, 2013 (the Contest Period). Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. CDT on July 16, 18, 22, 24, 26, 30, 31, August 1 and 2 to qualify for the drawing the following weekday. The Stations are not responsible for late, lost or misdirected entries, server unavailability, computer, or any other electronic malfunction, or if text message is not received.
(d) There will be a total of eleven (11) winners, as follows: one (1) winner will be selected by random drawing from among valid entries on July 17, 19, 23, 25, 29, 31, August 1, and 2; and three (3) winners will be selected by random drawing from among valid entries on August 5, 2013. All remaining valid entries will not carry over to the next drawing.
(e) All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Stations and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. Eleven (11) winners will receive one prize as determined by the Station at the time of the drawing as follows: two (2) winners will receive one (1) state fair mega pass valued at $75.00 each; one (1) Winner will receive two (2) VIP tickets to the Billy Currington concert on August 9 at 8:00pm, valued at $70.00; one (1) winner will receive two (2) VIP tickets to STYX REO Speedwagon and Head East concert on August 10 at 8:00pm, valued at $80.00; one (1) winner will receive two (2) tickets to the state fair quarter midget races valued at $20.00; one (1) winner will receive two (2) VIP tickets to the Gary Allen concert on August 16, at 8:00pm, valued at $70.00; one (1) winner will receive two (2) tickets to the state fair demolition boat races valued at $20.00; one (1) winner will receive two (2) tickets to the state fair demolition derby valued at $20.00; and three (3) winners will receive two (2) tickets to the state fair Truck and Tractor Pull valued at $20.00 each. The prizes are valid only for the date specified on the ticket. The Station and sponsor are not responsible if the fair, concert, or event is closed, canceled, or postponed.
2. Winners will be notified by phone. Before claiming prizes, winners must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to Stations at the time of notification. Winners must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within 2 days of notification. If a winner is a minor, then the winners parents or guardian must sign a release and affidavit of eligibility before the winner receives his or her prize. Winners must show picture identification to claim prizes. Stations reserve the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a winner cannot be notified within 2 days, or does not timely return the affidavit of eligibility, then time permitting, the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner randomly selected from among remaining valid entries.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Stations. The Stations have the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winners are responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household.
7. Sinclair Television of Illinois, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Sinclair Television of Illinois, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Television of Illinois, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries correct received for each keyword.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WICS-TV, 2680 East Cook Street, Springfield, Illinois 62703 or WICD-TV, 250 Country Fair Drive, Champaign, Illinois 61821 and on the Stations websites at www.wics.com or wicd15.com.
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to WICS-TV, 2680 East Cook Street, Springfield, Illinois 62703 or WICD-TV, 250 Country Fair Drive, Champaign, Illinois 61821 by August 31, 2013.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. The Station, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. Sinclair Television of Illinois, LLC, The Illinois Department of Agriculture and The Illinois State Fair accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Stations cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any computer or electronic malfunction, server unavailability, technological glitch, or human error relating to this contest and/or the use of short-code.
6. Stations reserve the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.
Behind The HeadlinesGet Behind the Headlines commentary with Mark Hyman.
Ready, Set, ShredIn an exclusive eight-week investigation, ABC Newschannel 20 digs deep into the Springfield police document shredding scandal.
Pay it ForwardPay It Forward... because sometimes people need a little extra help.
Ask the ExpertDo you need expert advice? Here's your chance to ask our experts!
Work Out With 20Kickstart your week with a new fitness tip every Monday from ABC Newschannel 20's Natalie Sparacio and the expert instructors at FitClub in Springfield.
Your Voice. Your Future.As the country faces challenges from federal budget issues to jobs and national debt, your voice is critical to the future.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us! Check out all the great attractions in your area!
Pump PatrolCheck out the ABC Newschannel 20's Pump Patrol to find the lowest prices, report low prices and get gas saving tips.
Web WatchHere's where to find the links you hear about on the news.
Spotlight 20Local organizations and community leaders tell us about events in central Illinois.
Watch extra news footage, full interviews, and extended stories that didn't make it on air. "Raw News" may include content that is not suitable for children and is intended for mature ...
Sunrise on the FarmAiring every weekday at around 5:45am during Sunrise this Morning, we'll bring the latest and greatest local agriculture coverage.
RecipesIf you're looking for that delicious recipe you saw on Sunrise This Morning or ABC Newschannel 20 Midday, you've come to the right place.
Crime StoppersCrimeStoppers needs your help. If you have any information regarding a featured crime or any other criminal act, call (217) 788-8427.
Home RoomWhen's the next school board meeting? Where's the basketball game? What's for lunch today? Do we have a snow day tomorrow? We have all the information you need for a successful school year--no pencil or ...
No Text ZoneTexting while driving kills thousands of people each year. Many more are seriously injured. Keep central Illinois roads safe by taking the "No Text Zone" pledge.
Business NewsStay up-to-date on the biggest business stories from around the nation.
Pet of the WeekThe cutest video you'll see anywhere! You won't be able to resist these adorable friends who need someone to love them.
Cruisin' IllinoisGet your motor running! Find out about the latest events and activities for central Illinois motorcycle enthusiasts.
Illinois CentralEvery week Illinois Central brings you the stories about the people in central Illinois. From our weekly Cruisin' Illinois segment, which features motorcycle culture, to the arts and everything in between, ...
Waste WatchHow are your tax dollars being spent? Waste Watch tracks whether local, state and federal governments are using your money wisely...or wasting it.
Health Care ReformThe Supreme Court ruling to uphold the Affordable Care Act sparked a new battle. Check here daily for the latest developments, locally and across the country.